Tuesday, June 3, 2008

TWD: French Brownies

There's no picture of my brownies this week. I fell asleep and they baked for almost 3 hours! They didn't burn, but formed a thick crust on top and the rest sank into a chocolate mass that had an unpleasant texture -- not deliciously gooey like the pics I've seen in others' posts. I trashed them (you know they were bad when I won't take them to work).

I'll be out of town for the Berry Tart, but will be back the following week for the next TWD. And the next. I want to make sure I get my two posts for June!

I tried the instructions for automatic subscriptions to TWD -- wow! does that make it easier to review the posts. And I get to see what TWDers publish the rest of the week. It's an amazing, energetic group. The one "bake" I do wears me out.

I am always inspired by everyones' posts -- this is a talented group of people. The pictures are great and posts look like they were taken right out of a magazine. It's one thing to share what you bake with others as at treat for them -- very satisfying. But sharing with other bakers is a whole different experience and I look forward to it every week (even before I joined).

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

You must have needed that nap! See you in a few weeks. ;)

Anonymous said...

Oh no. I end up having to carry my timer around with me sometimes so that I don't forget about some things.

ostwestwind said...

Sorry to read, that your brownies baked three hours. But there is always a next Tuesday.

Ulrike from Küchenlatein

Garrett said...

I still need to get around to subscribing...I just feel that I'd be overwhelmed reading everyone's updates throughout the week! So many people. Sorry to hear that your brownies didn't turn out so well - maybe set several alarm clocks next time?

Amy said...

Wow, 3 hours. I think I would have thrown them out too. And I love chocolate! Have fun o your trip.

Chris said...

Oh! I have so done that...some of the best naps have produced some of the best inedible crispy critters in my house! :) See you two challenges from now...

Jacque said...

Aaah, bummer about your brownies! hope next week goes better :)

Jayne said...

You must have needed the sleep way more than you needed the brownies!! I agree with what you said - about it being a whole different experience sharing your baking (even just the words and photos) with other bakers. See you when you get back!

Dolores said...

You've expressed beautifully what I treasure about being a part of the Tuesdays with Dorie group. Good luck next week... we'll miss you, and look forward to seeing what you contribute to the mid0month assignment.