Tuesday, June 24, 2008

TWD: Mixed Berry Cobbler

I think this was the first time I didn't have some kind of accident when baking for TWD. I'd begun to wonder what happened to my baking skills -- I haven't taken anything to work since the key lime coconut pie.

YUM, YUM, YUM!!! I made a double batch and took it to work. A co-worker immediately asked one of his staff if she'd go out and get ice cream -- and she did! It really made the dish.


I have to admit that all these lovely juices did not thicken up. I think it was because the berries were frozen and the cornstarch wouldn't stick to it. There were no complaints and it went very well over the ice cream. And everyone just loved the crust.
Of course, I had to make a mini for myself, to make sure it tasted all right before I foisted it off on my co-workers. It did.
Thank you Beth of Our Sweet Life for picking this dessert. I think I have about 1/4 cup heavy cream left.

18 comments:

Engineer Baker said...

Taste testing is a required part of baking, I agree. I'm glad your coworkers liked it!

Anonymous said...

It looks great - glad your co-workers loved it.

NKP said...

Great cobbler, how generous of you to feed your co-workers!

Marie Rayner said...

Your cobblers look delicious! I love the little mini one! cute!

ostwestwind said...

I like most your individual portion, lucky co-workers.

Ulrike from Küchenlatein

Anonymous said...

Ha!I did the same thing... made a batch for my coworkers and a ramekin for myself! hahah we're on to something!

Susie Homemaker said...

I think the ice cream makes this a recipe we'll have to make again and again!
Lucky you to have someone actually go out and buy some!

Jules Someone said...

Lucky co-workers! I like the mini. Just a little taste of summer when you need it.

Anonymous said...

Very beautiful. And, I love the idea of the mini for yourself for tasting purposes...may have to implement that around here...LOL.

Anonymous said...

Your cobbler looks good! I like the ramekins.

melly~ said...

mmmm.
all these TWD blogroll pics are making me drool on my keyboard!
i forgot the icecream though so i'm off to the grocery again.
enjoy.
melly~

Christine said...

Yeah an accident free day of baking for TWD! Great job on your cobbler I am sure your co-workers enjoyed it!

Linda said...

I'm glad your co-workers liked the crust...I enjoyed it as well!

Anonymous said...

Your baking mojo is back, complete with a co-worker who'll pick up ice cream! Awesome.

Unknown said...

Looks delicious! Glad your baking groove is back.

Anonymous said...

We'd like to invite you to participate in our July berry recipe contest. All competitors will be placed on our blogroll, and the winner will receive a fun prize! Please email me, sophiekiblogger@gmail.com, if you're interested. Feel free to check out our blog for more details. (Click on my name in the message header link to visit our blog. :)

Dolores said...

An accident-free TWD AND a hit with your coworkers. Way to go!

Shari said...

Your co-workers are lucky! Great job!
Shari@Whisk: a food blog